Friday, January 28, 2011

Pretty Pictures

If you know me you know I love art, so it's been a bit disappointing that I haven't seen much if it around here. I'm sure there is plenty out there, just nowhere that I can find it.  I recently discovered that one of the guys who works at the store has a brother who is an up and coming artist in the Province. At my request he stopped by to show me some of his pieces.

I picked up a couple small paintings which will be a lovely reminder of my time here in Cross Lake. The one with the raven will remind me of the ones that regularly visit the garbage trailer behind the store. The one of the bear will make me think about Richard because he has a nice one of a Polar bear, done by the same artist, in his office.


The artist's name is Ricky Hamilton and he has pieces in Galleries in Winnipeg.

3 comments:

  1. They are beautiful pieces! I love the feel the blues give to the work. What wonderful idea to take away with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing! Me and my man have been waiting on a call to work in the north, I can not wait to have wonderful pieces like this to enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ricky has an amazing skill! He needs to get his work out there for the rest of the world to see. A few weeks ago he told me he was moving to Winnipeg, I told him it was a good place to start! I miss your Bread Pudding with Caramel Sauce!!!! Take Picture please!

    ReplyDelete