Sunday, January 2, 2011

Christmas Concert

Shortly before Christmas I had the opportunity to attend the local Christmas Concert which was held in one of schools here.  There were several performers from both Cross Lake and the neighbouring communities. The M.C. announced that there were many other performers that they had to turn away.

One of the girls from the store performed but unfortunately she did a couple duets and her partner’s mike seemed to be much louder.  I  say unfortunately because Roxy (the Northmart employee) had by far the most beautiful voice of anyone there.  She should be recording.  My other favorite acts were a dance troop who did a kind of hiphop/breakdance routine and a group of musicians who did a rendition of a song by the Trans-Siberian Orchestra.

Watching these performers made me reminiscent of all the talented musicians, singers, dancers, and actors that I know from Ottawa, Toronto, and Guelph. I’m sure if they were to perform up here they would be very well received.  So kudos to my talented  friends both near and far!

No comments:

Post a Comment