Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Elephant Boogers

Who knew they have elephants in Germany? Okay so they aren't really Elephant Boogers, that's just their nickname but I was so taken by it I can't remember the real name.



On a recent visit to Brato's house for a dinner with he and his lovely wife, we were treated to some German treats. Elephant boogers are a lot like cheesies but no cheese, they are peanuty...note the shape, then the peanuts...you can understand the nickname now I'm sure.  If you ever get the chance to try them make sure you do, they're great!  We also had lots of German cakes and cookies, but my favorite dish of all was the Rouladin.




When you are far from home those special treats bring you right back...This is "Finger Lickin Good" German style!


Even more enjoyable than the food was the company.  Lots of laughs and great entertainment.  Brato's talents are definately wasted at the "supermarket". Check out his blog for some fabulous videos of his singing and spoken word poems...extremely funny!

http://naknakoverthere.blogspot.com/

I couldn't watch the video's on my computer with my dial-up connection (a.k.a. mouse running on a treadmill) so I especially liked seeing them with the creator!

He's also an inventor...I loved his "Cantenna".

1 comment:

  1. *blushes*
    this post is very flattering.
    thank you cheryl.

    ReplyDelete