Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Salt River



This week has been rather trying for me.  Stress at work and personally has been a bit overwhelming so when Charlie, the nice older gentleman (aka customer) who has befriended me, offered to take me for a drive to see salt river I figured why not. Fresh air and sunshine always chases away the blues.  The view was lovely and the birds were hamming up for the camera and all was lovely. 





I loved this cute little Chapel nestled in the birch grove.



As we sat a picnic table enjoying the view over a glass of wine a car pulled in to talk to us. Thankfully they were kind enough to let us know that there was a bear directly behind the cabin we were sitting in front of.



Sure enough this big old black bear was a mere 30 feet away...sneaking up from behind the building. Needless to say we hopped in the car pretty quickly and I think I drank that glass of wine way too quickly; especially since it's been over a month since I had a sip of alcohol and on the heals of a nutritional cleanse. Poor old Charlie got to experience a slightly tipsy Cheryl and a good laugh over our close encounter.

Since I was now in a silly mood, I shot a naughty picture.

A bear bum!

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you didn't end up as bear dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Pics,how bout posting a pic of Ol' Charlie next time. Richie rich

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heee hee... ! You so silly! A bare bear bum! Ever notice that Yogi never wore pants? Dirty bear... lol.

    ReplyDelete