Monday, May 16, 2011

Fire!

Sorry if I alarmed you.  I just got an email from my sister making sure I was okay.  Apparently there are forest fires ranging nearby.  Not really; when I investigated I found out they are at Slave Lake, Alberta which is only 200km North of Edmonton.  Easy to confuse since I am very near to "Great" Slave Lake. You would think they could get more creative with their names...maybe something like "Master" lake for the one here since it's clearly larger and more powerful.

Anyway all is well here as we are approximately 1000km away from said fire.  I have noticed in insurgence of firefighters in the area though.  I take it forest fires are an annual event in the North. I guess the risk of fire is a down fall of this area, but the "eye candy" of some of the firefighters just might make the risk worth while.

1 comment:

  1. The only thing I find disappointing about this blog is the lack of pictures *evil grin* :D

    ReplyDelete