Thursday, April 7, 2011

What I like about Fort Smith

My 2nd day in Fort Smith was much more encouraging than the first.  Heading out for a walk around town I discovered that the people who live here (at least the ones I met) are very friendly and welcoming. I visited many of the shops and met some lovely people.

Here are some of my favorite things so far...

Cute shops that sell books and arts and crafts from local artists.


 Nice, well maintained architecture including chruches, homes and businesses.





A pretty little Grotto...



Cute little touches for added curb appeal.



A Rec Center with a pool, a museum, and a library.



Hiking trails and nice scenery.



 


After a day of walking around on warm spring day I'm feeling sooooo much better.

2 comments:

  1. Nice to see you alive and online again, Cheryl. And don't worry about that widespread winter-depression - you're gonna make the place the number one adress in the north anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The place looks darling, so many things to admire. Hopefully the bugs wont be too bad and you will get to enjoy the warmer weather (whenever it decides to come)

    ReplyDelete