Sunday, April 10, 2011

Spring has Sprung!

It has been a beautiful weekend here in Fort Smith.  Probably not as warm as it is in Ontario but nice none the less.  It is so clear and quiet here and the sun seems to shine almost all the time.




I went for a little walk to check out some of the parts of town I hadn't explored yet and saw some sweet little sights along the way.  Early in the morning it's still quite frosty but as the day wears on is gets nice and mild.  I took this picture on the way to work on Friday morning.

Okay, not everyone would be amused with the ring formation in the ice.
















The residents here aren't too fond of the crows and ravens because they can get pretty bold, but I am always amazed at how big the ravens are.  Check out the top of this big pine tree.  I thought the crows looked like they belonged on a Valentines card...little love birds!


 





After touring around a bit and snapping a few pictures I was asked by these two if would take their picture...it made their day!  I call this "A guy on crutches with his cousin"; okay that was his title but it'll work.



After stopping by the local library for a new book I couldn't resist the smell of freshly brewed coffee at the flower shop. What a pleasant way to spend part of my day.  Sitting in the sun at a lovely little park reading a book and sipping my coffee.



I hope you were enjoying your weather as much as I did mine.  I figured I should enjoy it before all those bugs I've been warned about show up.

1 comment:

  1. We miss your sunny outlook here in Cross Lake :) Hopefully the people in Fort Smith will discover what an amazing woman you are soon <3

    ReplyDelete