Monday, May 21, 2012

It's a long way...to anywhere

The warmer weather has finally arrived and with it longer days.  What that means to me, is that there might actually be life outside of work.  It's very hard to motivate yourself to get out and do something when it's pitch black by the time you get to go home.  After a long hard day on my feet, my sofa looks way too inviting to even consider anything else.

I went on a bit of a road trip a couple of weeks ago and ended up in High Level, Alberta.  I haven't quite figured out why they call it "High" Level, since it appears to be flat for as far as the eye can see. In order to get there we had to dip below the 60th Parallel, which of course presented a little photo op.


Most of the buffalo and bear still seam to be inland and the few you come across are quite skittish and run away before you can get much of a picture.



On another road trip I ended up in a place called Peace Point. Peace is a definite understatement.  After about a 1 1/2 hour drive we arrived...to pretty much nothing.  a couple boarded up houses, a field full of Buffalo droppings along with a smattering of spring flowers, and a river below.  That's about it.





Heading back we saw a few buffalo with their new babies, but they were long gone before I could snap off a decent picture.


There is a whole lot of open space up here.

No comments:

Post a Comment