Monday, May 28, 2012

Play Dates :)

If you know me you have definitely heard me say how much I wanted to take an encaustic painting course. Well, I finally got my chance.  Our local Museum hosted a 3 day workshop with Encaustic Painter Lorna Kemp. This is Lorna doing a little demo.


You can see, I'm a bit excited as we get ready to start!


Some of the tools of the trade and fellow participants as we dive in...

 


And voila, here are a few of my creations.
 


I love the dimension you can get...




And of course, I still like rusty things, so friends, if you see rusty nails etc. laying around, be sure to save them for me.
 


 I think, I'm addicted!














1 comment:

  1. Cheryl:

    I like your encaustic paintings !
    Hot wax and all that: seems tricky to me.
    You obviously have picked up this technique very quickly.
    Be sure to post your next batch.
    Cheers,
    Bill

    ReplyDelete