Friday, February 17, 2012

Cascade Rapids in Winter

Here are a few pictures from a wonderful winter hike I went on with a group from my photography club.   It was a bit of a trek to the rapids, especially when you're as out of shape as I am, but the reward was great.

For some reason "It's a marshmallow world in the winter..." kept looping through my brain.  I love the thick clumps of snow weighing down the branches and the contrast of brightly coloured jackets was really stricking.

This shot of a Trans-Canada Trail marker is a bit of a shout out for my hiking buddies back in Ontario...makes me feel connected.

















Here we are heading back out.  I had a bit of trouble with my exposure settings but I hope you enjoyed my hike as much as I did.

1 comment:

  1. Wow... Yeah, just a bit more snow than down here... Toronto is more slush than anything. Wish it looked all pretty and snowy like that down here around Christmastime!!!

    And kudos for doing the hike... thinking about walking to the end of the street in those temperatures is already almost enough to flare up my asthma!

    ReplyDelete