Tuesday, January 24, 2012

aMAZing!

Finally, after living in the North for almost a year, I got to see some beautiful Northern Lights! My friend Sarah, was the one who spotted them on her way over to my place for dinner.


Clearly, I made her wait for the food, while I whipped out my trusty camera and prayed that I could  fumble through a few settings and take some decent photos.

Voila...it worked.  I didn't get too many shots since I left my mittens inside in my haste to snap these ones.



I can't believe how great they were right from my driveway.



The crazy thing is how fast they can disappear.  A couple hours later there was nothing but stars to see. It left me with a hankering for more.  I sure hope I get other opportunities to experience this amazing phenomena.
 

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I can't believe how gorgeous they were! I was ok with waiting for supper cause I had a great show before hand. Thank you for the pictures as I foolishly left my camera behind not expecting a spectacular show on my walk!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh my god. Incredible!!! The photos are beautiful... I can only imagine what it would be like to see them in person.

    So happy for you!!! Thanks for the stunning visual aids!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pics, i hope you get the opportunity to see more.

    ReplyDelete