Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Better Late Than Never!

Clearly, I've been a tad busy since I haven't posted anything since Thanksgiving.

Here is my very late Christmas wish for you; I hope it was a wonderful one, filled with love and laughter.  I hope you were surrounded by all the people you love the best.

Working in retail means that even if my family were nearby, I wouldn't get to spend much time with them anyway.  So I spent the crazy days heading up to the Big Event working long hours and fanatically helping other busy shoppers. It was good in a way, because it kept me too busy to mope around.  I had a lovely Christmas tree and a few little decorations to make my humble abode at least a little festive.








I even got to be a little creative; This is what happens to really bad books that aren't worth passing on...


They become cute little tree ornaments :)

Living away from my wonderful kids, the rest of my family, and my very lovely friends is hard at times. Certainly Christmas is one of the hardest ones.   Thank goodness for skype.  I loved getting the chance to join in celebrations back in Ottawa, even if it was only for a short while, and I couldn't actually taste the ragout.

I did get to cook a turkey, which I shared with Charlie, then I got to join up with the rest of the Northern Managers for a more boisterous Christmas visit.



For those of you who, called me, skyped me, or sent me little letters and other surprises, you made my Christmas and I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment