Saturday, October 8, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving

Artwork by my talented son Andre
As I sit alone in my humble little apartment, thousands of kilometres away from the people I love the most, it can be a little hard to remember why I should be thankful. These are the things I am most thankful for in my life.

I am fortunate to have the best kids anyone could ever ask for; kind considerate and amazingly talent. They make me so proud every day.

I have a lovely sister and worlds best brother in law. I get to be a "super aunt" to a cute little guy and an aunt to two great nieces.

Despite have two (yes two) failed marriages I am blessed enough to still have a good relationship with both.

And finally I have a group of friends who may be far, far away but I know are still right here for me anytime I need them.

So for all my loved ones, old and new, I will be thinking of you this Thanksgiving and missing you very much. You and your families are in my heart and in my prayers. Thank you for being so amazing.

I'll leave you with this piece of art that Andre made for me...it sums it all up beautifully.

1 comment:

  1. You know, I've been thinking about failure a lot, lately. I've decided to redefine "Failed Relationships."

    If you come out of a relationship more knowledgeable and still able to love, there's no way the relationship was a failure. It was just a series of learning moments on the path your life reveals...

    :)

    *hug* love you, beautiful woman, beautiful friend.

    ReplyDelete