Saturday, October 1, 2011

The Long Road

The road to Yellowknife is long and straight. It seems to look like this most of the way...


Frequently blocked by large herds of Buffalo, on the trip I made recently there were hardly any.



None the less, it is always a treat to see any wildlife along the way.  The bald eagle that flew past my window was a bit to quick for me to capture but this bear was too busy picking at a carcass to run away.


That is of course with the exception of these little buggers...it's hard to believe that at the end of September there are still tons of black flies. 


I was pleasantly surprised by the scenery in and around Yellowknife; for some reason I was expecting a very flat and barren landscape with very few trees. In actuality it is fabulously rocky, surrounded by water and cute coves, and dotted with pine trees fighting there way out of rock crevices.



 As always the sky is amazing, whether it is beautiful sunsets or Northern lights, I am always happy to look to the heavens.  The night photo isn't great since my tripod broke and there was a lot of light polution from the city but at least it was a hint of what's to come.



No comments:

Post a Comment