Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Summer in Hay River

I was so excited to have an actual day off today...it's been a long time coming and it was a perfect day for a little road trip, so off to Hay River I went with Charlie.

Check out the cute baby Buffalo we saw along the way.


This little guy had just run across the road with another little fella, then seemed to realize his mamma wasn't with him.  I snapped this picture as he was bolting back to the safety of his mamma's side.



And the river the town was named after...


It was a bit chilly so I was shocked to see children swimming in Great Slave Lake. The sand is beautiful here and  reminds me of the long stretches of beach at Sandbanks back in Ontario.


Lastly, we saw this beautiful bird and I'm trying to figure out what it is. Maybe one of my friends or their children (Freddie?) can figure it out and let me know.

2 comments:

  1. You just *fit* right on that beach... I am jealous. I could hours exploring that beach... *wiggles toes in sand* :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's a magpie...known for their gossiping :)

    ReplyDelete