Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Everything Grows!

When I first moved to Fort Smith, it seemed like everyone and their dog warned me about the bugs here.  I was beginning to think that they carried off small children every year.  I'm happy to report that although some of the bugs do seem to be rather healthy in size, I have yet to hear of any missing children reports.


As it was back in Ontario, it's the horseflies that remove chunks and the tiny little black-flies that annoy the hell out of you.  A special thank you goes out to Jean-Marc and Mindy for the awesome bug jacket they sent me.  I personally don't leave home without it.  Some people have been known to look at me strangely but I don't care; they're just jealous because not only am I constantly protected, I'm also quite stylish to boot.


The good news is that bugs aren't the only thing we grow up here.  Check out the pretty flowers...






3 comments:

  1. PRETTY! And the flowers are alright too...

    But seriously, Mom. Ya look great! Now you just need an industrial sized fly swatter and then we'll see who's boss...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheryl, I love that beaming smile... and man do we miss it here! Those flowers are gorgeous... the roses... I love that smell. It reminds me of home... the smell of wild roses and salt air... and freshly mown grassed...

    ReplyDelete
  3. did your store get a ton of those electric bug zappers that look like tennis rackets? Those are some serious swatters!

    ReplyDelete