Thursday, March 10, 2011

A Sight for Sore Eyes!

Finally, after months of anxious waiting, I got to visit with my youngins! After being apart for six months a week really doesn't cut it; especially when I had to work several days. I'm sure all the staff at the store felt like they already knew them since I talk about them a lot, but it was nice to get to show them off like the proud mamma I am. 

A few nice dinners with friends up here, a lot of hanging out and talking to one and other and next thing you know the week is over.






What Northern experience would be complete without dog sledding and freezing temperatures. Here are the two of them taking turns "mushing".



I planned this visit to coincide with the Trapper's Festival and had hoped to take in a lot of different events. I have to say the scheduling a progam guides here are not what I'm used to. In the end we mainly took in the Dog Sled Racing. Sonia was the hit with one of the competitors who was also an employee at the store.


Unfortunately the Northern Lights are still being allusive; hopefully they will come out a little more frequently at the my next destination.

3 comments:

  1. i think they would make a very fun couple!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great blog! Awesome pictures :) It was so nice meeting your chilluns :) Very interesting people you have brought into the world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was a lovely visit! I'm excited to see the new location too. All my love to you and to everyone who visited with us and made it such a wonderful trip!

    And if he wants to make the trek to Toronto, he's welcome to try, but I'm sure the ladies of Cross Lake will keep him plenty busy.

    ReplyDelete