Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Belated Birthday Wishes

Happy Birthday Canada!


I know, it's July 18th; I'm not exactly on the ball.  I guess I was busy, or distracted, or maybe just too lazy to get around to posting these pictures.

For a small town the Canada Day parade is actually pretty long and I think most of the population either participates in it or comes out to watch. Some floats may lack a little in budget but the spirit is certainly there.
We also have a few (faux) furry friends who join in the fun.



...and of course it wouldn't be a Canada Day Parade without the RCMP marching along.



My personal favorite though, is CANADA BOY, or so I like to call him.  I can't imaging hopping the entire parade route. I'm exhausted just thinking about it.  I guess that's why you need to be a super hero!



Fort Smith also puts on a free fish dinner, where people line up by the hundreds.  I couldn't take a picture of it because I was too busy lining up for my dinner.

We have live entertainment as well.  I have to say not as impressive as last years line up and a little head banging at times, which of course wasn't to everyone's taste...


This one little girl was amazing.  I wish I could remember her name, but she's one person I'm sure we will recognize one day in the future...she's going places!


Unfortunately we don't get to have fireworks in the Northwest Territories, so if you got to see them this year, I hope you enjoyed them and had a great Canada Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment