Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Rapids of the Drowned

You probably won't remember my mentioning the Rapid of the Drowned since it was a post I did over a year ago.  There is a viewpoint, just down from the store overlooking the full rapids.


Yesterday, I thought I would take a walk to see if I could get closer.  There are tons of Pelicans congregated in that area.  That's what those little white specs on the rocks are.  Obviously I didn't get close enough.


I figured I must be at the wrong spot for all those great Pelican pictures I see from everyone else...so, I hiked along the trail further into the woods.



Then I saw this...


Remember my post about the bears; so is this bear fur or dog fur?  I was thinking bear, which is why I was talking and singing to myself all along the trail; yep, like a complete idiot.

I never did get close to the Pelicans, or bears for that matter, but I did witness a murder


and I got some awesome pictures of leaves and lichen.





And I never see Jack Pines without thinking Tom Thompson.








1 comment: