Thursday, June 28, 2012

Pelicans

If you are like me, you associate pelicans with Florida.  When I've seen them stealing fish scraps on the docks in sunny Florida, it has never occurred to me that they would spend their summer this far north.



 I spent an evening with my photography group snapping pictures of the pelicans feeding in the rapids. I apologize for posting soooo many pictures but an evening's worth equates to 400...it was hard to choose.





 I guess spending all that time snatching fish from people in the South has made them accustomed to people. They were only about 20 feet away for most of these shots.




Something about the way these huge birds come in for a landing makes me think of Disney's The Rescuers Down Under...





What do you think?



No comments:

Post a Comment