Monday, August 15, 2011

Heading Home...

There is nothing quite like being around people who love and appreciate you. It revitalizes the heart and the soul.

After being away from my friends and family for almost a year I was thrilled to spend some quality time with so many of them plus the addition of a few new friends along the way.  My next few posts will be based on my holiday adventures and my return to my roots.

Join me on this mini version of my trip home so you can appreciate the beauty and talent that comes from the place I will always call home.


1st Stop Toronto; not really home for me, but it is where my “Darlin’ Daughter” now resides.

It was weird to arrive in Toronto at night. I had gotten used to the long hours of daylight in the North and completely forgot that it would be dark at a mere 9:30pm. I was so exhausted by the time I got there and very anxious to see me daughter, I forgot to take a picture that night. The one below is of the CN Tower the next night, it didn’t turn out too  bad considering I didn’t have a tripod with me.


My daughter Sonia, is a wildly talented and extremely energetic young lady.  She is currently an Apprentice Stage Manager on The Railway Children. Although this is her 1st professional play to work on, she has been stage managing on many smaller plays over the past few years.


Being the charismatic, extremely funny, and all around great person that she is…of course she attracts like minded people.  This post is dedicated to Sonia, her cool friends (Steph, Zack, Justin, Rob, and all the others I have met over the years), and the cast and crew of The Railway Children, a wonderful production! 




The Railway Children is unfortunately coming to a close this week, but here are a few photos of the Tent where “Vicky” the train would roll into and the site location at the roundhouse railway museum across from the  CN Tower in Toronto.




1 comment:

  1. What a great blog! Hi, Sonia! *waves*

    I love this blog. Its essence is in its first two lines:

    "There is nothing quite like being around people who love and appreciate you. It revitalizes the heart and the soul."

    Amen. It surely does... *hug*

    ReplyDelete