Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Random Encounter

Even though the path from my house to the store is only the length of a football field at the most and it is in the middle of town, I often expect to see dogs, ravens, eagles, maybe even a bear (since I have to pass the garbage trailer at the back of the store).  I did not however, expect this morning's encounter.  I was half way along the path and watching the ground for slippery/muddy spots when I looked up and was confronted with two horses.  They were just sauntering along the path, eating the grass. 

I thought if I just continued along the way I was going they would move away...not so, I patted the face of the first horse and considered walking between him and the fence but quickly reconsidered.  The second horse was right behind the first and being at the rear end of a horse (in case he got startled) was probably not the wisest place to be.  Needless to say it was me who trudged through the grass.

I was surprised that my coworkers thought I was rather brave to get that close to a horse let alone pet it.  I guess I can thank my Sunshine Coast horse sitting experience last year for my new found bravery with these big animals.

On a side note, for my more nervous friends, they have never seen a bear in town let alone behind the store.

No comments:

Post a Comment