Monday, November 1, 2010

Go With the Flow

Part of living in the North, or so I've been told, is being able to go with the flow.  "Stuff" happens...Yesterday I got to experience that first hand. 

I live across the street from the Band Hall, where they hold many "Socials". The night before last there was a wedding in town and thus a Social afterwards.  Just like back home, the washrooms see a lot of action during these events.  Unfortunately the sewer system has a few issues and even more unfortunate is my location on the line...the low point and a basement apartment. 

I discovered yesterday that the combination of these four components do not end well for me.  I woke up to plumbing issues, which quickly escalated to back up in my bathtub and toilet (the low points in my apartment).

As Richard, my Store Manager, frantically located someone to pump out the sewer line, I was my own "One woman Bucket brigade".  After several hours and roughly 40 or 50 buckloads I managed to save my apartment from a very huge mess and in the process guaranteed a lovely green lawn come spring.  I'm just sorry I won't be around at that point to reap the rewards.

Hmmm, I guess what they say about business is true for accomodations too.
Location, location, location!

No comments:

Post a Comment