Thursday, August 9, 2012

Down by the River

My time in the North is drawing to a close and I STILL haven't made it down to the Salt Plains.  Sure I went to the lookout, but that's not quite the same thing.

I've almost made it to Grosbeak Lake, which is a lot like the Salt Plains (or so I've heard anyway), but each time I try to go to these spots something happens. Sometimes plans get changed, sometimes it's the weather, and other times I'd have to go alone; apparently not a good idea with bears in thum thar woods. I'm still hopeful to make it there, but I really only have one more shot...this Saturday and even that's not looking good.


These photos are from one such failed attempt.  They are from Salt River day use area.  That little creek you see is actually Salt River; depending on what's happening with a far off dam, it can grow substantially...or so I've been told.  I haven't actually seen it happen.



This Jack Pine cone picture was from an overlook area for the Parson's Lake & Salt Plain direction. There was a fire burning in the Salt Plains/Parsons Lake area...another VERY good reason not to go there.


The other pictures didn't look very interesting so this is all you get from that portion of my little day trip. I loved the way the sun dappled the background. Yes, I shot into the sun on purpose :)

2 comments:

  1. Your blogs are beautiful, my friend. You always find the best of things, and find the extraordinary in what some see as the ordinary.

    Where are you headed next? Do you ever feel like Uncle Travelling Matt (the Fraggles) or the Littlest Hobo? (I don't mean to compare you to a dog or a puppet... it's just that I love your positivity and your enthusiasm for life.

    (oh, by the way, this is Andrea :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind words. I have lots of people tell me that I write well; but I hardly put anything down. I should really TRY to write more since it take so little to please people. Well in that area anyway.

      I love being compared to a puppet or a dog...how fun; it's like giving me license to be silly; like I need permission.

      Heading back to Ottawa for the beginning of September; then I'll have to start another blog....hmmm, what should I do for that one?

      Delete