Thursday, October 14, 2010

Home Away From Home

Welcome to my home away from home…for the next six months or so anyway. 

I was greeted at the airport by the smiling face of Cindy, the Department Manager I will be training with.  It was the just the reassurance I needed and I am happy to report that everyone else I have met has been just as friendly and welcoming. 

Cross Lake is situated in a picturesque location 500km North of Winnipeg.  There are plenty of trees which are beginning to change colours now that the weather is getting cooler.  There are approximately 5000 people who live here but the community is quite spread out. 

Houses are modest and as in the rest of the Country some are nicer than others.  I’m living in the bottom half of the house shown here.  My apartment is quite nice having just been renovated but I do miss my art work.

The other two pictures are of the Store where I’ll be working and the view of the lake from the front of the store.

<><><><>
<>
<><><><>
It looks nicer inside!


No comments:

Post a Comment